C. Gregory Dale, FAICP
Area and Redevelopment Plans
Mr. Dale, a founding Principal with McBride Dale Clarion. He has over 40 years of planning experience and his expertise includes comprehensive plans, regional plans, growth management plans, land use regulations, citizen outreach programs, planning for historic areas, and expert testimony on planning, zoning, and land use development issues. Mr. Dale is also a coauthor to The Citizen’s Guide to Planning and The Planning Commissioner’s Guide; both publications being used as planning education tools for newly elected officials and planning commissioners in training.
- Williamson County, Tennessee | Williamson 2040: Comprehensive Plan Update
- Chattanooga 16 County Region | THRIVE 2055 Regional Plan
- Cincinnati, Ohio | Plan Cincinnati: A Comprehensive Plan for the Future
- Williamson County, Tennessee | Zoning Ordinance
- Nashville/Davidson County, Tennessee | Nashville: Naturally – Nashville Open Space Plan
- Culpeper, Virginia | Comprehensive Plan
- Charleston County, South Carolina | Comprehensive Plan Update
- Williamson County, Tennessee | Comprehensive Land Use Plan
- Franklin, Tennessee | Zoning Ordinance
- Beaufort County, South Carolina | Southern Beaufort County Regional Plan
- Franklin, Tennessee | Land Use Plan
- Will County, Illinois | Land Resource Management Plan
- Southern Nevada | Regional Policy Plan
The Citizen’s Guide To Planning 2009: Mr. Dale coauthored this publication along with Christopher J. Duerksen and Donald L. Elliott. The guide has recently been updated to better serve the activists, bureaucrats, and elected officials that have consulted the book for decades. This publication is primarily aimed at nonprofessionals, being an ideal guide to newly elected officials learning about planning for a sustainable world.
The Planning Commissioners Guide 2013: Mr. Dale, along with Anne McBride and Ben Herman, have authored The Planning Commissioners Guide. The publication has been designed to create a step by step guide for new planning commission members off on the right foot. The eight chapters cover the roles and responsibilities of planning commissioners, how to prepare for and be an active informed commissioner and how to run effective meetings while steering clear of ethical issues.
Planning Commissioner’s Journal: Mr. Dale has been a contributing columnist for the Planning Commissioners Journal since it was established in 1991. He has contributed forty articles dealing with a range of planning issues, including how to address difficult ethical issues.
Mr. Dale is a regular speaker at national, state, and local planning conferences. He has conducted training sessions for planning officials at the American Planning Association National Planning Conference for over twenty years.