Company: McBride Dale Clarion
Application Deadline: Monday, December 21, 2020 at 5:00 PM EST
Please send cover letter and resume in PDF format to: MDC@mcbridedale.com
Job responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Zoning and Development Standard Drafting
- Land Use Planning
- Public Engagement Support
- Prepare Special Studies and Analysis using Census Data, Auditors information, and GIS data
- Create maps and analyze data in ArcGIS
- Review site plans and prepare Staff Reports for Planning and Zoning Commissions
- Document Formatting in Word and InDesign
- Website design and maintenance
- Marketing Support
Qualified applicants must possess the following skill sets:
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Easily picks up new technical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Comfortable speaking in public.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail oriented.
Applicants must be highly proficient in Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel and have knowledge of ArcGIS and Adobe Creative Suite programs, as well as website design and maintenance through WordPress, Squarespace, or similar platforms.
A degree in urban planning or related field is required. Ideal applicants must have 2 to 4 years of planning-related experience implementing zoning codes and plans and working with commissions and councils. Public sector experience in zoning, permitting, or planning is preferred, with paralegal or legal skills being an asset but not required. AICP certification is preferred but not required for the position. Salary is commensurate with experience.